# Overflow menu
The overflow menu is a scrollable menu of buttons.
This is often used for information specific to the page or section, rather than global navigation - the Simply Be Product Listing Page is a good example of this - buttons in a horizontal scrolling container are used to allow the user to quickly filter into sub-categories of dresses.
- Make the links resemble a call to action (CTA).
- Make the links obvious that they are clickable.
- Accurately describe what the user will find by clicking the link.
- Make scrolling obvious where possible, the right sided link should give the impression that the user can scroll.
- Don't have too many links in the menu - we know that if there's more than 9 users find the choice to be overwhelming
- Don't wrap the links onto multiple lines
- If the button has an icon, make it easy to identify.