Checkboxes are used when there is a list of options and the user may select any number of choices, including zero, one, or several.
Checkboxes can be selected and unselected without affecting other checkboxes in the group.
A lone checkbox is used for a signle option that the user can turn on or off.
- Make sure the minimum touch point (56pt) is observed
- A checkbox should be a square that has a checkmark when selected
- Visually display multitudes of choices as groups and clearly separate them from other groups on the same page
- Use checkboxes as action buttons. They should only be used to change settings or make a selection.
- Lay out checkbox groups horizontally. This makes it difficult for the user to separate each item in the list.
|Min height||Padding(x)||Padding(y)||Gutters||Check size|
|Font size||Line height|