The job of a Product Details Page is to showcase the individual product, to make it easy to buy and to load quickly.
A customer has shown some intent to visit a Product Details Page and we should respect that intent by making it easy to assess and buy the product.
- Respect a customer's intent - they're on the product, so it's likely they're interested in buying it
- Try to keep the customer on the page until they've added to bag
- Keep any wording persuasive and brief
- Open supporting links (e.g. delivery and returns information) on the same page
- Don't use distracting messaging that can take focus away from the add to bag button
- Don't add banners that take the customer away from the page
- Don't use any more than 2 messages together
- Don't overload the customer with too many choices